Doing Good is Good Business
- Get news and analysis about fair trade and its benefits to producers and consumers.
- Find products that you can purchase easily and with the confidence that your buying decision is helping the greater good.
- Learn about independent monitoring groups, advocate for fair trade, support sustainable and ethical businesses.
Fair Trade Connect supports win-win relationships
- Consumers get high quality products and producers get a fair price for their goods.
- Sustainable economic relationships protect valuable resources and fight poverty.
- Labor rights are protected and businesses benefit from a better trained and reliable workforce.
Our planet is now connected in ways that were unthinkable a generation ago. Meanwhile, the gap between the haves and have-nots grows ever more visible and its consequences become more difficult and dangerous to ignore. Addressing economic disparity in sustainable ways is not just a moral issue. It is one of enlightened self-interest.
Fair Trade Connect is not about charity. It is about the empowerment of ordinary people through the combination of socially conscious decision making and free markets. Every purchase of coffee, tea, chocolate, food, or clothing can help farmers and workers improve their chances in the global economy. By participating in fair trade, we can take deliberate action to break the cycle of poverty.
“There is nothing new about poverty. What is new, however, is that we now have the resources to get rid of it.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.